PEG Africa recruits a Group Grants Manager, Corporate Finance. 5 vues
Aperçu de l'offre
Site PEG Africa
PEG Africa recruits a Group Grants Manager, Corporate Finance.
Who we are, and what we do
PEG delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. PEG’s anchor product – a basic solar home system that includes six lights, a phone charger, a radio, and a TV – allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time. We are also scaling income-generating energy assets such as solar-pumps, solar generators and solar fridges for households and SMEs.
To date, PEG has raised over $60 million and has over 500 full time staff across Ghana, Ivory Coast, Senegal and Mali. PEG has also won numerous awards, including the prestigious Ashden International Award for excellence in sustainable energy, and was named as one of the “fastest growing companies in Africa” by the London Stock Exchange.
The candidate will be working within the Corporate finance team on PEG’s overall fundraising strategy, specifically managing the strategy’s grant funding component.
Key responsibilities will include:
- In conjunction with the rest of the Corporate Finance team and PEG’s Senior Leadership Team, help PEG formulate its annual grant strategy, determining grant revenue targets per country and parameters for which grants will help PEG meet its strategic objectives.
- Seek out grant funding opportunities that align with the agreed upon parameters, and act as a central clearing house for opportunities found by other team members.
- For grants which meet company objectives, support country teams in a pre-application process of mapping out implementation, including budgeting, personnel required, and likely risks, for approval by PEG’s Grant Committee.
- For grants chosen for application, write concept notes, proposals, budgets and other documents required.
- For shortlisted grant proposals, manage detailed due diligence processes as needed.
- For successful grant proposals, manage reporting and ongoing relations with Grantors, and support management of milestone reporting and cash disbursement.
- Strong written/oral communication
- Budgeting (strong excel skills a plus)
- Monitoring + Evaluation
- Project planning and project management
- Base location flexible- within PEG’s markets
- Willing to spend up to 1 week/month in any of PEG’s other markets
- Must speak English. French is a big plus.
PEG is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply. If you don’t think you meet all the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box – we’re looking for candidates who are particularly strong in a few areas and have some interest and capabilities in others.
Closing date : 29 October 2021.